Table of Contents
uPVC windows became popular in the UK in the 1980’s and 90’s, replacing the more commonly used timber and steel frames. Since then, the Brits haven’t looked back, and during that time the quality and design of uPVC window frames has got better and better. Here is why:
1. Durability: uPVC windows are highly durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions. Unlike traditional timber frames, they are resistant to corrosion and other than the occasional clean, do not require any additional maintenance.
2. Energy Efficiency: uPVC windows are highly energy efficient, helping to regulate temperatures inside the house and reducing the need for additional heating and cooling systems. All of our uPVC windows are rated A or above.
3. Cost: uPVC casement windows are the most cost-effective window option. They also require less maintenance and last longer, which helps to reduce long-term costs and reduce waste.
4. Security: Habify’s uPVC windows are extremely secure. uPVC is a strong material, and due to the frames internal structure they are very hard to break. They also have features such as multi-point locking systems, which provide further protection and actually exceed the British standard.
5. Aesthetics: uPVC windows come in a range of styles and colours to suit your home, if you own a heritage property. If the traditional casement window isn’t to your taste, explore our range of flush windows – perfect for elegant new builds and period properties.
6. Reducing noise: uPVC windows provide excellent noise reduction, helping to create a peaceful atmosphere inside your home.
Find out more about our range of windows.